Books With Histories: Series Introduction



I buy most of my books used.


And one cool thing about used books is that they already come with personal histories.


Books with histories are the ones where previous owners have left fun inscriptions or bookplates, and are most likely purchased at a used bookstore.
You can tell that they've already been read and loved.


They've been dog-eared, annotated, and have the names of previous owners written on the title page.


Sometimes I buy books mostly because I think that the bookplates or inscriptions are really interesting.


Sometimes I buy books then add annotations, bookplates, and stories of my own.


Some of the previous owners have cool names, or someone wrote an interesting note on one of the pages, then obviously gifted the book to someone.



I usually take hipster Instagram pictures of cool used books, or of the bookplates.



I decided to start sharing these books' histories.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Treasury Of Irish Fairy and Folk Tales Review

2017 Wrap Up: Non-fiction & Series

Welcome, autumn